But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Friday, September 07, 2007

Announcing ~ A Special Tribute To My Mom Coming Soon!!!

The month of September is significant to our family for many reasons. One in particular is September 28 which holds two special meanings ~ it's Rob's and my anniversary and my Mom, George Ruth Pitt Brooks' birthday.

Many have shared with me that they are amazed as to my recollection of my Mom's sayings and her tremendous impact in and on my life. She has been in heaven now 22 years and the legacy continues. I believe the impact we leave on others has consequences in the present as well as in the future. Let's ask our Heaven Father to guide us in this crucial adventure.

I share this announcement in today's blog to let you know that my special tribute to my Mom is coming this moth of September. Before it can be posted, I will need to scan a picture of my Mom so I can input it within the text. Please pray for me as I prepare to share some of my reflections and experiences that I have in my personal treasure box. It will have it's teary eyed moments . . . even now as I'm giving this announcement my eyes are filled with tears. Less you think that all you need to have on hand with this blog is a box of tissues, don't worry, you will laugh as well.


Lately I've been very weepy. It may be hormonal as well since I'm in the joy of menopause. If you're there, you can say, "Amen sister!" If not, you'll be there one day. We'll be there to help. Smile!

Bottom line we all have "A Legacy of Love," to give to our husband and our children as well as to those around us. A dear friend reminded me this morning that God put Christine and I together and we are uniquely made for one another. If you're having one of those moments . . . run into the loving arms of the Father. He's waiting and will provide extraordinary comfort, wisdom and grace.

It's God who begins the work of salvation in our lives and He will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.


A closing thought, some of my friends have dubbed me the "font queen." I'm honored. Interesting note, the name of the font for this particular posting and when I send out the actual tribute will be "Georgia." Cool, aye! Mom would get a big chuckle out this. She would be so proud. Hee! Hee!

No comments: