But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Just one of those days!

Yesterday was one of those days where I cried a great deal of the day. As to all the whys and wherefores, I know not. It just was a very hard emotional day.

Through prayer and encouragement from an awesome husband and sweet daughter, my day improved. Christine prayed for me and over me throughout the whole day. Wow! What an incredible young lady!

One of my closest friend said, "I'm here to just listen." Sometimes, we just need a listening ear, not someone to solve our situation. Another friend wrote me a sweet email that had a gentle exhortation in it. 

As I concluded my evening, I saw that a message in my inbox on Facebook. One of my former youth from the youth group we had served while at FBC Purcell, Oklahoma wrote me a wonderful message. God allowed me to see a little bit of the fruit of His work in my life back during those years. All glory and credit to God! I'm certain this individual did not realize how God would use our reconnection on FB to remind me of God's faithfulness and goodness.

The verse in this clip art is underlined in several translations that I have. I first came across it when my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. Recently I took the time to look at it in its total context and wow, it was powerful. Please take the time to read Psalm 94.
graphic courtesy:  www.heartlight.org

No comments: