But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Many Names of the Blessed One

   Ah, Master, I will use them.
   Rabboni, I will pray.
Good Shepherd, I will not abuse them
   However far I stray.


   Redeemer, you have bought me
   Back from slavery.
How could I scorn the Son that taught me
   Light and how to see?


   This day of circumcision,
   This covenantal day,
Names you our future Resurrection
   Life and Truth and Way.


   Ah, baby, head so heavy,
   Lay it down, I pray.
Soon you will raise it strong and steady
For the crown of Christ in Glory ---
  Perpetual Christmas Day!

[Source: Preparing for Jesus,
The Third Day of Christmas, page 144]

No comments: