But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Starting Anew!

How many times, we begin with great intentions and become derailed? I can answer in the affirmative because that explains how I'm feeling right now as I'm posting this entry to my blog.

Instead of enjoying the joy of the season, I'm bogged down and feeling out-of-sorts and just frustrated. My Mom used to say "the faster I go, the be-hinder I get." Oh Mom was right!  Blogging has its advantages. I am able to think out loud via my writings, thus gaining a fresh perspective.

This coupled with a godly husband who helped me evaluate my schedule for the rest of the week and into the weekend, showing me that I had way too many things planned. Tomorrow, I'll call this particular friend and reschedule.

I must caution myself as well as each of you, we cannot rely on our emotions to speak truth to our minds or souls.  I read Lamentations 3:21-26 from the Amplified Bible.

Please allow me to share these incredible verses with you.

21 - But this I recall and therefore Have I hope and expectation:

22 - It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. [Mal. 3:6]

23 - They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and
 faithfulness. [Isa. 33:2.]

24 - The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. [Num. 18:20.]

25 - The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word].

26 - It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord.

At the beginning of Jeremiah Chapter 3, verse 1, I read, "I AM [Jeremiah] the man who has seen affliction under the rod of His wrath." Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet and was called forth by God early, read Jeremiah 1:4-9. He experienced tremendous amount of persecution. Interesting fact that I didn't realize until I read the Introduction of Jeremiah in my Amplified Bible is this quote, "More is known about the personal history of Jeremiah than about any other prophet in the Old Testament." This statement should bring tremendous amount of comfort to both you and I. Why? God has a plan even in our difficulty and still are benefiting from Jeremiah's life these many centuries. In fact, "Nothing is too difficult for our God." Indeed this brings me great comfort as I ponder what that really means.

Take time to read the book of Lamentations especially the verses that I have listed. Dear ones, we can start fresh and anew right now. Do not allow the enemy to play havoc with you. We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ, our Lord, read Romans 8:31-39.

I am determined to start anew right now!  How about you? 

Great is Thy Faithfulness!

No comments: