But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's a Psalm Time for Me!

Not too long after our precious daughter was born, I can remember having a most difficult time emotionally. It's not uncommon for mothers to experience postpartum. A dear friend who I call my "mother mentor," shared with me that I should read through the Psalms. For a long period of time, that is exactly what I did. One day in a conversation with Leigh, I asked, "will I ever get out of them?" Her reply way, "God will have you there as long as you need them, do not be overly concerned as to a particular time frame." 

How comforting God's Word is for all our needs, concerns, frustrations, questions and the deepest hurts we have. Through out my walk with the Lord, I find continually find comfort anytime I visit the Psalms. If you were to pick up my Bible, you would see firsthand just how precious these tender words are to me. 

Recently, we received some unsettling news in regards to a condition our daughter has. These past days have been very emotionally draining for each of us. Earlier in the evening, I was at our church practicing the prelude and offertory for Sunday. God used both the songs that I played along with some familiar passages in the Psalms to show me that He knows all what we are going through.

There is a song that I heard a long time ago, "I've Never Been Out of His Care." One can read any Psalm and realize that reality immediately. So dear one, if you're having a "Psalm Time," rejoice and savor the time with our Heavenly Father. The sufferings we encounter fail in comparison to what our Savior Jesus Christ suffered. Yet we're human and it hurts.

I cannot reverse or change the news we recently received. However, I can recommit myself to the Lord and trust Him for what only He can do. All I know that this situation is so much bigger than our family and only He will see our through.

God's promises are true and He's a mighty God, worthy of our praise even when things are not going our way. 

Click here to listen the Natalie Grant's song, "I Am Not Alone." For indeed, you and I are not alone. In the Psalms, the Lord gently reminds us of that reality. Let our hearts, minds, and spirits soak in that reality, "I Am Not Alone."

(graphic courtesy:  www.heartlight.org)

No comments: