But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Joys of Daylight Savings!

As I'm waiting for the pasta to cook, I thought why not do some blogging? Due to the time change, I'm a little more weary than normal. I typed in "thoughts about daylight savings," and found this nice picture. Oh it conjures up more in my mind than just daylight savings. It serves as a visual prompt that God controls time. Also, it reminds me to redeem my time.

Back to the subject at hand, perhaps you're like me, in that this morning during your church services, you were fighting fatigue. In the fall, I have lots of energy with the turning back of our clocks. However, I must confess that I do not experience such a delightful experience in the spring.

Nevertheless, I see daylight savings as a blessing because I do like longer days and it being light in the evenings. For me, it's like having a savings account of time and energy. In the spring-summer months, I am able to draw from this reserve. I must make a note to myself to discover a way to draw upon the blessings from the fall time change.

For those of us who have inquiring minds on why the time changes, please click here to read about the history of daylight savings. I will refrain from reading it right now. because of my low energy level. I reassure you that once I've gain some rest, I'm there.

No comments: