But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Thursday, January 14, 2010

How's Your Temple?

It's so easy to rationalize why we eat the items we do. Or why we don't have time to exercise. I too have been guilty of making excuses in what I put into my mouth as well saying, "oh I don't have time to exercise."

Earlier this week I learned that my cholesterol levels are still high. My doctor suggested that I see the nutritionist again. I will not go on cholesterol medicine. However, as our pastor has been preaching on godly living the thought came to me, "I tell my doctor that I'm a believer and that I will exercise to get my levels down." Yet a year later, they are still up. The Holy Spirit has convicted me of my deceitfulness in how I present myself. So with a renewed commitment in the Lord's strength, I am determined to follow through. I do want my words to be honest and truthful.

It's not that we don't know what do do. We neglect to do the fundamentals across the board, whether spiritually or physically.

We have several Leslie Sansone's DVDs of her "Walk-at-Home," program. So Rob and I are without excuse. Today I resumed exercising. Tonight I will put in one of the DVD so it will be ready for Rob in the morning. This is how we can help our spouses. Does exercising make your more spiritually? No. However, it will allow you to have the energy you need to listen and serve the Lord. When our minds and bodies, we have clearer thinking, thereby honoring our Lord with the temple He indwells.

Click on here to see Leslie Sansone's website.
(graphic courtesy: www.heartlight.org)

No comments: