But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Friday, January 08, 2010

A Worship Leader's Reflections

Recently I came across several videos on YouTube where Bob Kauflin was being interviewed on the subject of worship. Early this evening, I clicked on to his blog, "Worship Matters." Immediately, I felt a deep connection with him and so appreciate his biblical perspective to worship.

The entry that caught my attention in particular was entitled, "Reflections on Turning 55." Perhaps because in two years, that will be my age. Aging is something none of us can prevent unless God calls us home and then it becomes such a minute issue.'

Here's a small part of it to wet your appetite
.

"Yesterday's entry to his blog,
"Worship Matters,"
07 Jan, 2010
Reflections on Turning 55
Posted by: Bob Kauflin

55.

A speed limit. Five years past half a century. LV. Double nickels.

And today, my age. I finally qualify for the 10% senior discount at Jiffy Lube.

I remember when 55 seemed really old. Right now it feels like the prime of
life. What does a 55 year old worship leader think about? Here's a sample . . .

Click
here to read his entry in its entirety. I promised you will be most blessed.

No comments: