But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

True Courage Under Fire!

Here!  Here!  Way to go Miss Carrie Prejean! Indeed true courage to speak the truth in love in a world of political correctness. She may not have won the Miss U.S.A. crown, however, she has stood for righteousness in an unrighteous culture.

Steve Camp wrote an article about her stand.  Please click here to read the entire article.

Paul writes in Galatians 1:10, reading from the New American Standard Version, 

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? 
Or am I striving to please men? 
If I were still trying to please men, 
I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

An old hymn that comes to mind is, Oh! to Be Like Thee.  Here are the lyrics.

Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer, 
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures, 
Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Refrain:
Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion, 
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting, 
Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.

Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit, 
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches, 
Willing to suffer, others to save.

Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming, 
Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
All that I am and have I am bringing, 
Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.

Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading, 
Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling, 
Fit me for life and Heaven above.

Isn't it like the enemy to lie about the reaction from the crowd? Once again, I'm reminded of God's truth in 1 John 4:4:

You are from God, little children, 
and have overcome them; 
because greater is He who is in you 
than he who is in the world. (NASB)

graphic courtesy: www.heartlight.org

No comments: