But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Finishing What You Start

Perhaps you can totally relate. We start various projects only to abandon them for something more exciting, loose interest or find ourselves distracted with the cares of life. If you're like me, perhaps you have bookcases full of books that you may started, yet never completed. Recently, I've been revamping my blog and noticed all too quickly on my sidebar under the heading, "Current Study," I had listed 2 books. Immediately I sensed the prompting of the Holy Spirit to delete one and focus on one book at a time.  

May I get personal? What have you started that needs your attention to carry it through to completion? Spend some time with the Lord and ask Him to pinpoint those areas and get back on track.  I want to be like the Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 9:24 and 26, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain [win] it. . . Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air."

Isn't it wonderful to know and experience God's mercies fresh every morning, noon and night? Can you say a hearty amen with me?  The enemy would have us to remain in a constant spin cycle of not completing tasks, but "we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength." 

A final thought, I am not speaking of those moments that God brings, "Heavenly interruptions into our lives." Those times can serve eternal purposes and we should be flexible enough to go another direction should the Lord direct. What I am talking about is perhaps setting unrealistic goals or over scheduling your life. God desires for us to have balance and seek His mind in everything we do.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments: