But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Monday, November 03, 2008

Menopausal Moments

Recently, I have been experiencing pain in my right hand. A week ago Sunday, I went to church with a pain patch on my right hand. My sweet husband asked, "Did you whack yourself?"  I immediately retorted, "You're asking a menopausal woman if she remembers!"  Needless to say, about midnight I recalled that I had fallen on Thursday and gently tapped Rob on the back around midnight to share.  Of course, he has no recollection of my revelation.

This past week, I shared with him a solution that I was seriously considering.  "As a menopausal woman, I would arm myself with Post-it Notes and a pen so whenever I whacked myself accidentally, fell or had a foggy moment, I could write myself notes. Rob just hooted. I must confess that I'm a visual person and had a flash (not a hot one) and vision of me all decorated with the Post-it Notes truly made me LOL. Seriously, I think I might be on to something, aye?

Since then I have shared this idea and have had positive feedback as well as many chuckles.

Just like the season of Fall right now, with the myriad array of extraordinary and exquisite colors that remind us of the beauty and the majesty of our Creator God and our Lord Jesus Christ, Himself.  Each season has purpose and duration. So whatever season you are in, celebrate it. Continually run to the Lord Jesus Christ, rely on Him and rest in Him. Yes, as my late Mom and Grandmother Belle lived out before me, "discover or rediscover a sense of humor and keep it close by." Remember, there is nothing in our lives that takes Him by surprise.

No comments: