But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Heart Replete With Praise!

Have been working on my blog for the past week.  In doing so, I have been blessed to visit other blogs of Christian moms who homeschool.

This particular picture touched my heart in that it so reminded me of my childhood.  My brothers and I were blessed to have our grandparents living with us when we were children.

I have fond memories of my Mom and Grandmother Bell working together in our kitchen.  As we approach the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, these memories literally flood my heart and mind.  I often share them with our precious daughter, Christine.  This afternoon, all this personal reflections prompted me to pause and thank our Heavenly Father for all the godly women who have touched my life.

In particular, my heart is full as I ponder my sweet Mom's influence in and upon my life.  I can truly testify that she has been the most influential lady in my life.  I miss her a lot.  Particularly as I am a Mom now.  Yet, the investment she put into my life has paid and continues to pay great dividends.  My heart's desire is to be that kind of Mom to our precious Christine.

The hymn, "Oh To Be Like Thee," comes to my heart as I am sharing these thoughts.  When we are like Him, He works out all things for our good.

Desiring to Reflect God's Joy!

No comments: