But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Friday, November 21, 2008

Thank you my sweet friend, Cindy!

I think each of us when we view this picture will think of a friend or friends who perhaps represent the essence of this picture.  Wouldn't you agree? Today has been one of those emotional days particularly this afternoon and this evening.

I had stayed up extra late putting the finishing touches on Christine's display board for her presentation on the Underground Railroad. Naturally, this put me at risk for my emotions to be out of sync. Plus other concerns had overtaken me and I was in need of a friend and prayer.

So I called my friend, Cindy to confirm a date that we would be getting together. She answered the phone, "hello friend."  The tears could no longer be restrained and just overflowed. Cindy listened with love. 

In my tears, I asked Cindy to pray for me.  She did without any hesitation. God's peace began to calm me down and He used my dear friend as a reminder of His great comfort that is available any time day or night.  

Interesting enough, Cindy is a blond just like this little girl who is hugging her friend in the above picture. Through the phone line I felt her love and concern for me and my family. I so appreciate dear friends and wanted to share this blessing with each of you.

These blessings are poignant reminders of our Heavenly Father's love for each of us. I am indeed thankful for the body of Christ particular dear sisters in Christ.

When Rob arrived home from work, we discussed the events of our day.  I shared about my day and that I'd been emotional.  We sat at our kitchen table conversing and God used my husband as well to encourage me at the conclusion of this emotional day.  

As he headed up stairs, Rob gently reminded me that a small portion of the emotional equation is the upcoming holidays. Both my parents are in Heaven and I particularly miss my Mom during the Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration. As a tribute to her, I have the luxury and honor to make wonderful memories with my sweet daughter, Christine and my incredible husband, Rob.

Indeed dear family members and friends are God's wonderful love gifts to us. They are tangible reminders of our Heavenly Father's love for us. 

No comments: