But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma
of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 2 Corinthians 2:14-15 (NASB)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What Do You Say When You Talk to Yourself?

The concept of this entry comes from the book, "Self Talk, Soul Talk," by Jennifer Rothschild. For several weeks, I've been reading it. Last night I finished my first read-through.  For you see, my journey isn't complete. This time, I am taking notes and working through the questions to ponder at the conclusion of each chapter.

The timing of this book has been incredible. You know how it is, a friend gives you a book.  You either read it immediately or place in on your coffee table or on a bookshelf.  I must confess that I didn't immediately read it. Around the time it was given to me, I was attempting to work through another book.  I would read some from one book and then bouncee back-and-forth to this one.

Finally, sensed the Lord's leading to concentrate on one book at a time.  You know I'm glad that I did.  Some of my most precious time with the Lord has been reading my Bible and this book, while waiting for Christine to complete piano lessons each Thursday afternoon.

As I conclude, may I ask you a question, "what do you say when you talk to yourself?" Are you speaking the truth?  Or listening to the father of lies?

We all are guilty of that, are we not?  If the enemy can keep us in a tailspin regarding our thoughts, he will.  Let's ask the Lord to help us take every thought captive.  Stop and read 2 Corinthians 10:1-6.  We're in a spiritual war.  And the battle oftentimes begins with and in our minds.

Let's ponder what the Lord says about us and we find that in His Word!  He loves you with an everlasting love.  Think on that, dear ones!  Philippians 4:4-9

No comments: